This trip is one of our favorites! It has everything – great beer, great music, and a magnificent rock for the most daring among us to turn into a kayak luge course! Tony Halchak has once again agreed to play for us. His unique blend of river, beer and music, complements Canoe and Brew perfectly – look for his song, “Susquehanna Girls,” one of my faves. Check out his Facebook page here!
Many thanks to Doug and Judy Brubaker, who helped get this leg rolling (so to speak), and our outfitter, Dave Decoteau, owner of Riverside Adventure Company, who set up a whole support page just for us!
Register for this event here.
Date: Saturday, July 9th 2017
Brewery: Old Forge Brewing Company
Outfitter: Riverside Adventure Company
River Beginning: Bloomsburg Town Park (where the A-Frame used to be)
River Finish: Montgomery Park in Danville (at Ferry and Water Streets)
Total Miles: 13 miles
Estimated Time on the River: 3 to 6 hours (depending on river conditions)
- 9AM: meet at Bloomsburg Town Park to unload boats
- 9:30AM: drivers only, caravan all vehicles to the River Finish at Montgomery Park
- 10:00AM drivers only board shuttle bus for the ride back to the launch point.
- 10:30AM: launch boats and depart on river
- 1:30PM to 4:30PM: estimated arrival time at Montgomery Park in Danville (depending on river conditions)
- Load boats, and drive (or walk) to Old Forge for libations!
*If you are shuttling your own boats, and don’t need to hire the outfitter, just be at Bloomsburg Town Park by 10:30.