Details: the beautiful shade trees and grassy lawn awaits us at Crary Park in Shickshinny, the Land Where the Five Mountains Meet. This paddle features a delicious food provided by local farms, libations from Berwick Brewing Co., and rockin’ tunes by Joe Cigan. The fantastic new Five Mountain Outfitters will be providing us with boats and shuttle service. Co-owner, Brian Swingle, is a professional fisherman with the Pennsylvania Fish Kayak Fishing Association – these guys know fishing, kayaking, and the river, so make some time to check out their store.
Special Note on Food and Beer: Bring your growler! We will take beer orders at the Hunlock Township Public Boat Launch. Also, food is pre-order ONLY from the amazing SAC Lunches of Bloomsburg – order when registering.
Many thanks to Five Mountain Outfitters (awesomeness), Berwick Brewing Company (for their extensive and delicious beer list), Joe Cigan (rockin’ tunes), SAC Lunches (delicious sandwiches with Forks Farm beef), Shickshinny Forward (port-a-john rentals), Campbell Printing (poster printing), The Locker Room (t-shirts), and the Boro of Shickshinny for their support!
T-Shirts! We will have a limited amount of newly minted, long-awaited, t-shirts available for sale (at cost) – about $14 each – check off each leg of Canoe and Brew as it is completed!
Register for this event here.
Date: Saturday, September 16th
Brewery: Berwick Brewing Company
Outfitter: Five Mountain Outfitters Company
Music: Joe Cigan
River Beginning: Hunlock Township Boat Launch at the Garden Drive-In Movie Theater
River Finish: Shickshinny Public Boat Launch
Total Miles: 7.5 miles
Estimated Time on the River: 3 hours
- 9:00am: meet at Hunlock Township Boat Launch to unload boats
- 9:30am: drivers only, caravan all vehicles to the River Finish at Shickshinny Boat Launch – BEER ORDERS PLACED HERE
- 10:00am drivers only, board shuttle bus for the ride back to the launch point
- 10:30am: launch boats and depart on river
- 1:30pm: estimated arrival time at Shickshinny Public Boat Launch (depending on river conditions)
- You are now at the beautiful Crary Park on a grassy lawn underneath big ol’ shade trees. Enjoy the music, food and brew!
*If you are shuttling your own boats, and don’t need to hire the outfitter, just be at Hunlock Township Boat Launch by 10:30 – with enough time to place orders.