Join us for a beautiful fall float on the section of the Susquehanna that started Canoe and Brew! We’ll paddle past Hubie the Heron’s island by Mocanaqua, drift over historic eel walls, and pass the infamous Nescopeck Falls, which killed off the only riverboat ever to attempt reaching our neck of the woods. (Don’t worry, you won’t go over them unless you want to. There’s a good alternate route.) If we’re lucky, we’ll be treated to some nice fall foliage, too!
Five Mountain Outfitters is taking care of our shuttle, which will cost $12 per person, including shuttling the boat. They’re also renting boats, if you need one, for $42.40, including the shuttle and tax. Make arrangements for shuttle or boat rental directly with them.
Once we arrive, we’ll enjoy the fabulous pizza and brews of Berwick Brewing – if we’re lucky, their vanilla porter will be on tap, but if not, the stouts are always excellent, as are the lighter beers.
Register for this event HERE.
Date: Sunday, Oct. 20, 2019
Brewery: Berwick Brewing Company
Outfitter: Five Mountain Outfitters
River Beginning: Shickshinny Boat Launch
River Finish: Berwick Test Track Boat Launch
Total Miles: 12
Estimated Time on the River: 4 to 7 hours (depending on river conditions)
- 9:30 a.m. meet shuttle at Berwick Test Track Boat Launch
- 10 a.m.: shuttle leaves Berwick Test Track for Shickshinny Boat Launch
- 10:30 a.m.: launch boats and depart on river
- 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.: estimated arrival time at Berwick Test Track (depending on river conditions)
- Load boats, and drive to Berwick Brewery for libations and maybe music.
If you are shuttling your own boats and don’t need to hire the outfitter, just be at the Shickshinny Boat Launch by 11 a.m.